Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Oh, the things I have seen...


Today, I saw a plethora of men wearing windpants (the 80s are back, people), windows with curtains displaying ginormous lion heads, and a man on a bike almost get hit by a bus.

And I'm finding that I can no longer put together an intelligent sentence structure in English due to my studying 2/3 classes in another language. Oh French and Spanish, I hate and love you both.

And every time I hear "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry, I am slapped in the face with the fact that I am no longer a teenager, and thus must let go of my teenage dreams and move onto adulthood. Oh wait. That doesn't sound so bad after all ;)

In any case, I haven't bloggedededed for a while, and it seemed like the good time to do such. (Oh gosh. Do you hear this? I can no longer speak English. We're going to have to communicate via grunts and hand motions when I get back...)

My schedule is FINALLY starting to line up. Sort of. Still working on the whole graduating a year early thang. Which will be absolutely worth it, but right now I'm enduring a fairly painful process of sorting out credits, graduation requirements, and senior paper-itis. Ughstah. Working on setting up volunteer work, etc. as well. And yeah. That's the technical side of things.

I spent Sunday in London with four of the members of the Nottingham Breakdance Crew, which was AMAZING. We headed out at nine, in a tiny mint green car, driving on the wrong side of the road, of course. When we arrived at one, we headed straight to Bones to Stones 2010 -- a battle venue in a skate park. Literally, if you do huge moves and land it wrong, you will break bones. HOW BALLER IS THAT??? I felt like I was in a movie, it was SO LEGIT. After five hours of said battles, we headed to the main event -- UK Bboy Championships, World Finals 15th Anniversary!!! We watched the best Bboys, poppers, lockers, and crews battle it out for the championship. Six hours on our feet, and worth every minute of it.

I am so thankful for the life that I lead, and for the opportunities I have been given. I feel SO ALIVE being here -- meeting people from around the world, learning how to breakdance, learning my third language, hopefully teaching hip hop to youth. This is INCREDIBLE.

And what I've realized, is that the more I try to find a "deeper meaning" in life, the less I actually LIVE my life. Why do we look for "deeper meanings" when the meaning of life is to LIVE IT? Thus I'm instilling a policy of less thinking and more living, because my life is going to pass me by unless I grab it with both hands and refuse to let go. This is my life, and I'm going to live it the way I choose -- to the fullest, no regrets, just being me.

That's all, let that be food for thought for your own lives :) Just live your lives, loves.
Love to you all,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. You make me smile :)...

    ...and imagine you breakdancing on old English brick streets. :P

    I'm so happy for you Ame! Livin life and lovin it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it kinda made me start to think of the movie musical Newsies. (sp?) haha!

    ReplyDelete