Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Love Public Transportation. And Usher.


Yes. Yes I do.

It struck me today as I sat on the fourth bus of the afternoon: I LOVE BUSES. And the fact that I can get anywhere I need without having to do more than wait, walk through a door, and sit. (Okay, but I also really miss my baby: my 1999 red Jeep Cherokee Sport. That car was part of me...) In essence, public transport is da bomb. End of story. Amurrrica, get on yo game.

All right, so I have officially plugged into 95.8 Capital FM, London's hit music station, and I'm happy to say I'm feeling very united with other Brits around the UK. As we listen to Akon. Who is regularly played in the States. Whatever, this is all about my attempt to bond cyberly with other people in England. Holla. USHER JUST CAME ON. Gosh, I love Usher.

And this post is quickly beginning to have nothing to do with England, so let me remedy that.

I had a huge day of classes today: Human Rights and the Global Sex Trade lecture from 10-11, Advanced Spanish Translation (which was actually awesome and less stressful than I had anticipated) from 11-1, and HR&GST seminar from 2-3. And now I'm home, about to head to bed for some shut eye before I write a paper and run to my third society meeting in 24 hours: Musicality, the musical theatre society. YESSSSS.

Classes are actually really great, from what I can tell in a few class periods. It kind of weirds me out that we only have class once a week, sometimes once every other week, but hey, I'll take it. More free time for meeeeee. Which is going to be rare anyway judging by the length of my reading lists for my classes and the number of societies in which I'm planning on getting involved.

B-T-Dubs, breakdancing and advanced street were both fantastic. I woke up this morning not being sure if I would be able to move, but besides that, I am beginning to feel like quite the Amazon woman. I'm getting muscles in places I didn't even know I had places. Breakdancing is going to be such a fun way to push myself farther and harder than ever before. Time to branch out, yo. Yes. Advanced street is definitely helpful in choreography exposure, allowing me to extend my choreographing abilities :) YES.

Well, all this being said, I think the first British song I'm going to hear today has just come over the radio, which is pretty great. I keep having to remind myself I'm in ENGLAND RIGHT NOW. You'd think I would pick up on that every time I see cars driving on the left side of the road... :)

Love.

1 comment:

  1. So when you are looking both ways before you cross the road do you have to look right to left instead of left to right?...lol...

    Dude! I want to see you breakdance!!

    ReplyDelete