Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Best Buys Around


Okay. Today we visited the campus (to better understand which mode of transportation may best suit our needs), where I stepped on dead bird guts (yum), checked out the entire Nottingham rugby team (YUM), and visited the buildings we'll be staying in for our student orientation in a few days.

But the best part of the day (I know, you thought I'd say the rugby players, right?) was the amount of things I bought today for the amount of pounds I dished out. (Note to Mom and Dad: I only bought things I legitimately needed. I'm not going store or boy crazy...yet. Just kidding. ;))

For lunch, we had a personal pizza, choice of bottled drink, and dessert for less than 3 pounds(about $4.50).

Then we went on stunning photo adventures (to get the touristy photo-taking out of the way). My favorite was the one shown at the beginning of this blog: we were trying to take pictures in front of the main square, and this guy would not take the hint and move. So I took a picture WITH him instead... without him knowing, of course :)

Finally, I bought a pair of heels (I desperately needed to replace my black dress shoes) and jeans (boyfriend fit, perfect for the gangsta inside) for a total of 15 pounds (about $23)!!!

Amazing. England, I love you.

1 comment: